Sunday 4 March 2018

Butterfly Houses

Today I have some butterfly houses using my new release from AALLandCreate. I opted for a pop of colour once again. To view the whole collection and to see a list of our stockists please click HERE.
I die cut Tim Holtz Tiny Houses from mountboard and then painted each house with Cheddar Acrylic Paint by Dina Wakley. I dried this layer of paint and then lightly brayered layers of Fuchsia and Turquoise Paint to add a couple more delicate layers of colour. I love how the Turquoise really pops against the backdrop.
I also added delicate splatters of Turquoise Paint and included a couple of coordinated sequins.
I added LOVE and DREAM using sentiments from my stamp set from AALLandCreate which you can find HERE.
I used my background stamp to add painted circles, applying Dina Wakley White Acrylic Paint directly to the stamp and then stamping randomly around the background.
Stamped circles have been added to all sides of my houses.
I brayered a scrap piece of white card with Turquoise and light touches of Fuchisa Acrylic Paint and then stamped my butterfly onto the coloured card, cut out each butterfly and then adhered to the houses.
This butterfly has a touch more Fuchsia added to the wings.
All sides of the houses have been given the same treatment.
I am really pleased with how these turned out and how versatile the AALLandCreate stamps are and work beautifully together, old and new releases.


These are the two stamps sets used in today's project.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x




6 comments:

Redanne said...

The Cheddar colour is fabulous and I love how the fuschia and turquoise look on top and the butterflies are gorgeous!! I just got the butterflies and dragonfly set, just need some mojo.... Hugs, Anne xx

hazel said...

I love your butterfly houses - fabulous colours.
xxx Hazel.

Amanda said...

I’d be really pleased they have turned out fabulously another winner with your new stamps
Love
Amanda x

Kate Yetter said...

Cute little houses. Loving the bright orange.

Craftychris said...

Love these houses! Your butterflies are on my wish list! xxx

A Pink said...

What a great way to showcase your lovely new stamps! Tracy. Two Wonderful Houses that stand so well together - heck, f they were habitable I wouldn't know which one to move into . :)
HUgs x